Saturday, September 5, 2009

The plague

Everybody FREAK OUT!
The Swine Flu is coming to get you!
A case reported here. 2 cases there. WTF?
Why must the media do this to people?

What the people that are freakin' out apparently don't understand is...
ITS EVERYWHERE!
It would be great if it was just that 1 kid in your kids school that the paper is telling you about, but it is everywhere.

I have the flu right now. Hmmm...
Wonder where I got it?
My son.
Where did he get it?
School.
How?
a classmate.
When?
A week before the the first case was reported in his school district.
Imagine that!

Before this year I usually would have went to the doc and got an antiviral, hoping to keep the symptoms and duration to a minumum. But there's no way in hell I'm goin' now!
I am not gonna be that headline.
"1st case of SWINE FLU in the County" "Case of H1N1 Reported at College"
Nope, not me. I'll let someone else have those honors.

Same thing earlier in the year. I was sick with the flu. On the 2nd day of being sick, the shit started flying. "Swine flu spreading in the US!"
What did I do?
Called my doc and canceled my appointment.
No way in hell was I gonna go!
It's just the flu!
That's my point.
The media is scaring the shit out of people. And not just the healthy ones.
They are creating a whole new problem within this "PANDEMIC".
It makes me wonder how many people are dying cause of the fear of being that "ONE"?
(and by the way, I won't let it go that far.)
And on a positive note... it might not even be H1N1.
I'll never know, will I?
And I prefer to keep it that way.

No comments: