Thursday, September 10, 2009

Solar Energy Education

There is a annual festival that celebrates the river, conservation, art, and music, next weekend close to my home.  I was planning on attending, to go on a river cleanup.  But, I got an email a couple nights ago asking me to take on a lead volunteer role of a booth for an "environmental club".  My cousin and I will be creating a booth for educating chilren and adults about solar power with some hands-on activities.
I am excited for the opportunity and greatful that I was chosen to take on this responsibility. However, there is a little problem. 
I don't know anything about solar power! 
I have been told I will have a solar oven and some toys - without instructions.  I get them tommorrow. 
I'll have a week to figure it all out.  A week.
I've done some internet research and have some fun ideas...but still...what the hell am I supposed to do when I am asked to explain solar power?   I'm going to try to squueze in a little self-education this week, but I have a full courseload this semester, 3 clubs I'm involved in, and the Student government.  Doesn't leave much extra time.
So, anyone have any ideas or recommendations? 
Smile and act deaf? 
I know I can do that!
Seriously, I could use some ideas here!

No comments: